The following tables include drawings for pavilion kits at meetinghouses and for pavilion and shelter kits at Church Recreation Properties. The construction materials, and site specific structural calculations, may be ordered through the Church Purchasing Division from Smith Steelworks (https://www.smithsteelworks.com/church-ordering/), if desired. The kits include anchor bolts, anchor bolt placement templates, columns, roof structure, architectural roofing, fascia, lighting and state sealed structural drawings (sealed drawings for other disciplines, if required, would be provided by that discipline).
The process for ordering a kit is as follows: After a qualified project with a pavilion is identified and defined, including team members, the Owner’s Representative contacts Smith Steelworks with a request for engineered pavilion drawings that are specific to their site. Smith Steelworks provides their site-specific pavilion drawings prior to bid. These drawings are included with the overall site-specific pavilion bid documents. As part of the process, Smith Steelworks receives a purchase order from the Church Purchasing Division and contacts the Owner’s Representative to select colors, discuss delivery dates and order other site amenities such as picnic tables. Delivery is usually about two months after the purchase order.
- Can be used at any site. Use Kit 3 at recreation sites in mountainous areas with heavy snow.
- Smith Steelworks includes structural calculations/designs for the site-specific dead, snow, wind and seismic load and foundation requirements, in the price of their kits.
- For information and options for eating shelters, restroom/shower facilities and other facilities used at recreation camp properties, contact the Recreation Camp Properties Manager (Hugh McKee/ McKeeWHJ@churchofjesuschrist.org/801-240-4850). For recreation camp guidelines, refer to “Church Recreation Camp Standards and Guidelines”.
- Also available with a wood roof structure.
- Masonry walls, plumbing, drinking fountains, electricity, etc. are added by the architect’s design team, as directed by the Owner’s Representative.
- Can be used at any site. These “optional pavilion drawings” are site adapted by a design team. They are not available as a kit from Smith Steelworks.